Monday, September 29, 2008

Nitpicking the Junkmail 3D: My God, It Just Keeps Going

You know, I've never been on a right winger's email list. It's kind of sad, really. I mean, my dad will send me stuff once in a while, and I'll crush it and go on with my life.

Well, I recently found a way to get myself included in some wingnut email forwards, and I have to say that it's amazing the ignorant crap that people will believe.

My current "nemesis" (I'll use that term because it would make him feel important, if he was smart enough to know what it meant) is some guy named Kyle. I have no idea who he is, or how closely related his parents were (I can guess, but I don't have any proof, really).

Once again, he forwards me stuff without any critical thinking on his part. It's titled "DISGRACE!" and you know it's important because the title is all in caps. (The body of the email is in varying red and green, but at least the writer figured out that he should turn off the "Shift Lock" key...) It read like this.
_____________
Obama The Patriot - Removes American Flag From His Plane

The Patriot Room
Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2008 8:11:07 AM by Bill Dupray

Barack Obama recently finished a $500,000 total overhaul of his 757. And as part of the new design, he decided to remove the American flag from the tail...

What American running for President of the United States would remove the symbol of his country? And worse, he replaced the flag with a symbol of himself... This is such a despicable act!
__________

So, in the interest of fairness, I thought I'd respond. You know, just to help my boy Kyle face reality. I stuck to short words, because I didn't want to lose him too fast.
______________
Damn, Kyle, didn't I say that you needed to learn to think for yourself? Instead of passing along other people's lies, shouldn't you just think up your own? Obama leased a plane from North American Airlines. When he finally bought it outright, he removed a stylized flag, WHICH WAS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF NORTH AMERICAN AIRLINES.

You're a Special Needs student, aren't you, Kyle? Could you at least look this crap up before you send it on? Let me help you out. Here's a picture of a North American Airlines plane. And for comparison, here's John McCain's plane.


Now, the flag you see there is the logo of a company. See, that's what trademarks are - images that belong to other people.

On the other hand, look closely at the tail of McCain's plane. That's not a flag either. In fact, that says "JohnMcCain.com"! What a disgrace! Why does John McCain hate America?

Tighten your helmet, Kyle. You can't afford to hit your head too many more times.

God Bless,

Bill

_______________
I suppose that I could have gone on, but why? When the target isn't a challenge, why shoot at it again?
__________

Update: Strangely enough, my fans in the Southeast didn't feel that way.

No comments: