Tuesday, November 04, 2008

A brief reflection on the 2008 election

I'd like to just say, as the results pour in from around the country:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!

Incidentally, I'd also like to say that I have nothing but support for Barack Obama in this time of tragedy. His grandmother has died prior to his election. That has to be hard for him. If I weren't drunk, I would be a lot more sympathetic. On the other hand, if Barack Obama hadn't won, I wouldn't be quite so drunk.

No, that's not true: if Barack Obama hadn't won, I'd be even drunker. To the point that, if I wasn't drunk now, I'd be seriously drunk about 15 minutes from now.

In fact, I can't see a result of this election that doesn't result in me being extremely drunk at the moment.

Oh, to hell with it. I'm going to go in search of the McCain concession speech, to revel in a little shadenfreude. (And if I wasn't, as I've pointed out, already drunk, I'd give you a link to tell you what "schadenfreude" means. But I am, so I won't - hell, I'm just happy that I can spell "schadenfreude" right now.)

Oh, and by the way...

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!

No comments: